Local Offer – How Can The Local Offer Help?
We can help you find services for children and young people with SEND up to the age of 25. You can start finding services by searching on this website.
In addition to helping, you find services, the Local Offer:
- Helps you understand what schools and service providers are required to do for SEND children and young people
- Helps the parents and carers of young people with SEND find support for themselves
- Clarifies who is responsible for services for SEND children and young people
- Gives you the information you need to ensure your SEND child can thrive
What is the Local Offer? A short animation (leicester.gov.uk)
If you have any queries regarding Special Educational Needs & Disabilities, please speak to our SENDCO, Mrs Jansari.
Links for parents
- Supporting your child with education – Parents’ Resources: Topmarks Education
- ADHD Soultions – Adhd | ADHD Solutions | England
- Autism – National Autistic Society (autism.org.uk)
- Autism –https://www.leicestershireautisticsociety.org.uk
- Young Minds – Parents Mental Health Support | Advice for Your Child | YoungMinds
- Positive Parenting Program – referral by school or parents – email [email protected]
- Max Cards- allows free carer’s pass for swimming sessions or other activities at different leisure centres, different parks etc https://families.leicester.gov.uk/disabled-childrens-service/disabled-childrens-register/
- CEA card – allows cinema tickets but only for children over 8yrs old – https://www.ceacard.co.uk
- Parents and carers forum – [email protected]