There is a school uniform which is worn throughout the school. All children at Abbey Mead are expected to wear the school uniform. School uniform, including book bags, can be ordered and collected from school. Alternativey parents and carers can buy from the Uniform Direct shop at 54-56 Humberstone Gate, Leicester LE1 3PJ or online at www.uniform-direct.com. The online option may be the most convenient for parents, as it can be delivered to home. The school is happy for parents to come and try on samples to ensure they have the correct size, prior to making any on-line purchases.
School uniform is an important part of a child’s school life as it:
• Gives the children a sense of belonging and being part of the school
• The risk of bullying regarding a pupils clothing is significantly reduced
• When attending school outings, children can easily be identified as belonging to Abbey Mead
• It prepares children for secondary school
• Book bags support children’s reading progress and links with home/school
- Blue school sweatshirt
- White school polo t-shirt
- Black trousers (girls are welcome to wear trousers)
- Black skirts
- Black or blue tights
- Dark, flat shoes, not trainers or slip on shoes
Due to limited space within the cloakroom areas we ask that children refrain from bringing in large rucksacks. Instead we highly encourage foldable bags which can be stored in the children’s lockers.
No jewellery should be worn at school except for a medic-alert tags, a simple watch and/or stud earrings. No jewellery should be worn during P.E. or swimming lessons, except for a medic-alert tags.
We request that your child has a waterproof coat with them in school on any day when it may be required.
- White polo/t-shirt
- Black P.E shorts/jogging bottoms/leggings
- Sports trainers or black plimsolls
- Please keep P.E. kit within school in the smallest bag possible
Appropriate swimwear must be worn. Kit must include a towel and a bag. Jewellery must removed prior to swimming lessons. Children may wear goggles, but a permission letter must have been received prior to the lesson.